Community Alerts: Phoenix Area
Attempted abductions, rapes and kidnappings have been reported and increasing in the Phoenix area and east valley. The following safety tips are given to anyone wishing to make a difference in protecting our children and joining us in our campaign of “No Excuse for Child Abuse”.
Safety tips for parents and volunteers:
1. Drive or walk with your children to school and events your children attend when possible…even teens.
2. Car pool with other parents to make sure working parents have additional help with transportation.
3. Leave 15 minutes earlier when possible to watch out for other children who may be walking alone to or from school before crossing guards are out.
4. Have kids walk in large numbers so they are less likely to get approached.
5. If you are able to eat your lunch at a park… please do so.
6. Become aware of vehicle and predator descriptions given on the news and watch out for children playing alone.
7. Don’t leave children in the car alone when you go into a store or gas station.
8. Please report ANY suspicious activity to law enforcement immediately, giving as clear a description of a license number, vehicle, or persons as you can. Stay in your car or/and at a safe distance and let the police intervene if at all possible.
9. Please have a talk with your children. They are usually very unaware of surroundings and have to be taught safety tips. If someone approaches them… teach them to resist by kicking, fighting, screaming and running for help.
10. Get to know the parents of the children along the route your kids may follow when walking to school or can run to if in danger. Share information.
Please contact Starbright Foundation for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org & www.starbrightfoundation.org and calling 480-371-3381 or 480-228-8888.