The Parable of the Starfish
One morning an elderly man was walking on a nearly deserted beach. He came upon a boy surrounded by thousands and thousands of starfish. As eagerly as he could, the youngster was picking them up and throwing them back into the ocean.
Puzzled, the older man looked at the young boy and asked, “Little boy, what are you doing?”
The youth responded without looking up, “I’m trying to save these starfish, sir.”
The old man chuckled aloud, and queried, “Son, there are thousands of starfish and only one of you. What difference can you make?”
Holding a starfish in his hand, the boy turned to the man and, gently tossing the starfish into the water, said, “It will make a difference to that one! – Source Unknown
Starbright Foundation Objectives:
1. To raise public awareness of the enormity of the crimes of child abuse and their exploitation in sex trafficking and pornography within the United States.
2. To raise funds for existing programs and services, which accomplish our objectives effectively, networking in partnership locally and nationally.
3. To raise the funds needed to maintain and operate the first of its kind “SAFE HOUSE” in the United States, which provides maximum safety for endangered children and young women in a family environment of healing.
4. To provide hope through specialized crisis counseling, trauma therapy and education for these young victims of sexual abuse of all types and their families when possible. The length and standard of care is personalized to the needs of each child.
Your generous tax deductible donation allows the foundation to provide for the many needs of these rescued victims in a safe and peaceful environment, at no cost for them or their families.
Other ways you can help:
- Ask your to church support Starbright Foundation, Inc. as one of their missions
- Have your social group hold a fundraiser event to help our abused children
- Organize an event through your city Senior Center to make blankets, dolls or stuffed animals that may bring comfort to a child and awareness to adults.
- Invite Starbright Foundation to speak at your school event or PTA to bring community awareness on how parents can participate in Community Watch Groups to protect our children at large.
- Invite Starbright Foundation out to your bake sale, coffee and donut hour or social event and help us to educate the public on abuse prevention
- Donate a prize for one of our events or raffles
- Find out how you can volunteer your time and support of events
- Let Starbright Foundation be one of your company charities for ongoing support
- Make a donation and let us add you to our sponsor/donor listing as a “thank you”
- Last but most important, pray pray pray… for the safety of our children and that we will be the voice for all children in need
Starbright Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit organization, and your contributions are tax deductible under U.S. tax regulations. EIN # 27-3033649